- A. Films made in India or abroad before 21 August, 2019 are eligible.
- B. Film(s) entered / screened in earlier GISFF / shorter version(s) / revised versions of film(s) already entered will not be eligible.
- C. Film may be entered by any organization an individual film Producer / Director who holds the copyright. There is no restriction on number of entries.
2. Awards :
- The Top Documentary of the Festival in International Competition will be honoured with the Golden Conch Award and a cash prize . Silver Conch and attractive cash prizes will be Awarded to Best Short Fiction and Best Animation Film, besides the Special Jury Award in the International Competition. In the National Competition Silver Conch and attractive cash prizes will be awarded to and Best Documentary (above 10 /20/30 minutes). Best Short Fiction and Best Animation Film. There are also awards for Best Debut Film and Best Student Film besides the Technical Awards for Cinematography, Editing and Sound Design
3. How to Apply?
- A Online Entry – email@example.com & Form of GISFF 2019 is available on www.gisffindia.com.
- Procedure – An applicant has to fill up the required fields and upload bio-data, photographs, filmography etc.
- Foreign film makers - USD 15 Only
- Indian Film makers - INR 800 Only
- Student film makers - INR 500 Only
- Bank Details For Payment :-
- Account Name :- Glance Production
- Bank Account :- 120505500323 / IFSC CODE :- ICIC0001205
- Bank Name :- ICICI BANK ANDHERI EAST MUMBAI 400093
- Account Name :- Glance Production
- Bank Account :- 510101006745471/IFSC Code :-CORP0003334
- Bank Name :- Corporation Bank Oshiwara Mumbai 400053 (All Entry fee is non-refundable)
- Entrants are required to submit 2 DVDs/Blu-ray of the film and one separate DVD containing Director's photograph, bio-data, filmography, synopsis of the film, stills of the film, posters and pamphlets along with promos / trailers, packed properly and freight pre-paid, or send via Internet. All film Sub-titled
- Director's Debut Film :
Entry for the film in "Director's Debut Film" Category should be submitted along with a certificate by the applicant that the film is a debut film of a Director, failing which the film will not be treated as a Director's Debut Film. If the Director has made, at an earlier date, any other film (feature, short, documentary or animation film, except a student film as a part of a curriculum), he/she shall not be eligible for this award.
- Student's Film : Entry for the film in "Student's Film" Category should be submitted along with a Certificate from the Institute / Film School concerned, failing which, the film will not be treated as a student film
4. Cut – off Dates:
- 25 AUGUST 2019(for both International & National
5. Final Submission
- All selected films in prescribed format should be received in the Festival Directorate by 25 AUG-2019.
6. Format for Screening
- Digital • Blue Ray
- Digital file ( MPEG 4 )
- Standard definition – Frame Size 720 x 576
- MOV, bit rate 25 mbps & above Apple Pro Res 4 : 2 : 2
- High Definition – Frame Size 1920 x 1080
- Successful submission of entry shall be acknowledged via www.gisffindia.com
- Only entrants of films selected in GISFF Section will be informed about their selection.
Selection Process :
- Entries will be previewed by a duly constituted Pre-Selection Committee and the shortlisted films will be previewed by a final Selection Committee which will select films for the competition sections. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of Festival Regulations. Film once selected and submitted for the final screening, will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances. Festival Directorate will have the right to make copies of DVDs / Blue-ray for pre- selection / selection purpose. The decision of the Selection Committees shall be final & binding on all.
- A duly constituted International and National Jury shall determine the winning films in respective categories. The decision of the Jury will be final and binding on all.
- The Jury also reserves the right to withhold an award in any category where no entry, in the Jury's view, meet the standards for award / recognition.
9. Rights of Festival Directorate
- Festival Directorate reserves the right to accept or not to accept any film on any ground without assigning any reason.
- Pre certification will not be applicable for entering films in the festival. However screening of certified films will be subject to exemption granted under the Cinematography Act 1952.
- The DVDs / Blu-ray sent for selection as well as DCP / hard disc of the award winning films will be retained by the Festival Directorate for Festival Archive. Also, DVDs/Pen Drives containing photographs & publicity material received with the Entry Form will be kept by the Festival Directorate.
- Submissions must be entrants original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights, entrants agree that they have obtained all necessary copyrights permission regarding music, sound, and images etc.
- The Festival Directorate will have the right to screen award winning films in different cities of India on non-commercial basis.
- The film makers and their representatives undertake to use the official logo and the status of their Selection or Award strictly in conformation with GISFF 2019 designs and they further undertake to use such festival logo in all their promotions, posters and marketing publications with the consent of the festival.
- Decisions of the Festival Directorate regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final & binding on all.
- Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings, sensibilities etc of any caste, community, religion and sector is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
- Entries can be PAL or NTSC format. Festival Management will not be responsible if film is not screened due to problem with the DVD format, pen drive, or any error in the link or password shared with us.
- The applicant should ensure that the address or the email id shared with us in the application should be correct as it may be used by film festival office for communication.
- The Festival accepts only films without watermarks & Only Trailers or promos cannot be submitted for selection process.
- Films which have no online presence can be submitted by sending two full HD DVDs by courier to the Festival office along with a hard copy of this form duly filled. & director name, duration, phone number and email id on it.
- It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted material included in the film. GISFF will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted material within or relating to the submitted film. GISFF reserves the right to disqualify any film with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted material. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, pics, posters, promo links, films, voice etc for future advertising and publicity purposes without any compensation.
- Cost of trans-shipment of DVDs/Blu-ray and other digital devices from the country of origin to the Festival Directorate shall be borne by the entrant. Cost for return of DVDs/Blu-ray and other digital devices will be borne by the Festival Directorate.
- Insurance cost of film in transit from the country of origin to the Festival Directorate will also be borne by the entrant.
- The Festival Directorate undertakes to insure DCP / hard disc against technical damage, fire, destruction, loss, theft during the period between their arrival at the Festival Directorate and dispatch.
- Festival Directorate will not be responsible for normal wear and tear of the materials.
- GISFF is under no obligation to provide comments or feedback regarding the film entered to the entrant or any other representative of the submitted film.
- For promotional / publicity purposes, clippings from any film entered in the festival may be shown on the National / International Television / Local network / Internet, etc.
- Clippings of selected films will be put online on the official website of the festival.
- Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars and not submitted along with the required certificate / undertaking will not be considered.
- All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the GISFF shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in Mumbai.
- All Communications, Entries, including DCP/ hard disc / Blue-ray /DVDs and other Documents/certificates/undertaking should be sent freight prepaid, addressed to: